Standard windows usually have a highly conductive metal spacer bar to hold the two panes of glass apart. 80% of the energy lost through a window occurs at the edge of the glass because of the highly conductive nature of the aluminum spacer. A Super Spacer is 950 times less conductive, blocking heat loss and reducing energy costs.
Probably the only advantage of using metal spacer is cost. It is primarily used in inexpensive windows; this helps manufacturers to keep price of the window down.
The quality of the window is seen in every detail and the spacer is one of the most important and underestimated part of the window.
Our all foam spacer has 100 % memory and allows for expansion and contraction, the Super Spacer will always return to original shape. Without the all-foam Super Spacer windows can develop stress cracks and eventually seal failure. Think about extreme temperatures changes all year. Choosing windows with a standard metal spacer will not help you with cut your energy bills nor provide comfort to your home.
Our Super Spacer meets the challenge of the P-1 Chamber. This test is considered the world’s toughest by many engineers. One week in this chamber equivalent to one year in the field. And the Super Spacer survives 75+ weeks.
Here are few more advantages of having a Super Spacer in your new window:
- All-foam formula blocks the heat escape path providing one of the best thermal performances in the industry.
- Better sound absorption.
- All foam offsets the effect of temperature changes, barometric pressure, wind and glazing pressure.
- Superior argon gas retention.
- Enhanced comfort in your rooms and health near your windows.
- Designed to provide outstanding UV resistance.
- More aesthetically pleasing than windows with metal spacer.
At Supreme Windows we will deliver you the best product by providing the Super Spacer with your windows as a standard. Have questions or need more assistance, please contact us. Call today for all of your window needs at (708) 251-0090.